Friday, August 22, 2008


In our yard is an old Cotton wood tree. I remember it all the time I was growing up. We had forts in it and hid in its branches. Rope swings and tire swings were a common site to see until the ropes would rot and break. The tree is now old and we are going to have to have it removed. It is like cutting down a bit of my past. It breaks my heart to think of not looking out the window or being out in the yard and not seeing it there. Like all things though time moves on. But I will always have the memories. I only wish my kids and grandkids could have had some of the same ones.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh My Gosh....isnt it funny how life circles. Its Debbie Olenslager how are you. Let me tell you how I found your blog. I was on a site and I saw this comment from a girl that said I dont even know how I got here and I clicked on it and it was Erica Jo's site. I saw the family picture and went OMG I know this family. Then I looked at her links and there you were. I just ran into LaDawna and Eric at Enterprise rodeo last month. My really good friend lives in Enterprise and she was in MaLawnas ward before she moved last year. Here is my blog. I am adding you to my list of friends. It was good to make contact again.

Erica Locke said...

I love that tree too! My parents had to cut down some of my favorite trees this summer at their home. It made me so sad because it held so many memories for me too!