Thursday, October 30, 2008

You never know?



While we were in Las Vegas we went to Christian and Toryen's primary program. I would like to share some of the behind the before the program with you. I had been working with Toryen getting him to say his part over and over so he would memories it and not be scared when he got up to do it. His part was "FAMILY HOME EVENING STRENGTHENS OUR FAMILY" About the third or fourth time he said it right in the middle he stops and says "Grandma I need a moment I'm a bit nervous". Where dose he get this stuff. Any how we went on practicing and about the sixth or seventh time through he says " I am Optamus prime and Family Home Evening makes me strong". Well after that I was freaking out thinking that was how he was going to say his part.Now if you do not know who Optamus prime is, it is Toryen's latest super hero. We decided to let it go and see if he would forget about the Optamus prime thing and get back to his real part. He didn't. We got to the church and the program went wonderful. Then it was Toryen's part. He walked to the pulpit put a hand on each side took a deep breath and let it out in the mike. Then said " Family Home evening----Long pause with a evil smile----Strengthens our family. Then he went and sat down. Now everyone was watching him because the next child had not started there part yet. Toryen gets in his seat then looks down at me and gives me the two thumbs up sign with a big huge smile. I gave them right back to him so everyone watching would know he was mine. I love those little men.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Primary program is my favorite Sunday all year. I just love to see all those cute kids get up there and do their thing.
I also loved you dislike post, i feel the same way.

MIKE AND SAMMI said...

Hey Malawna, your grandkids are adorable and growing so fast! Looks like you are having the time of your life. I need to get Josh and Steph's home address. If you wouldn't mind could e-mail it to me at sammijo208@hotmail.com
Thank you,
Sammi